Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bone broth. Yep today I'm talking about bone broth.  I took a class this morning on making bone broth and the benefits thereof. There is a raging debate on the web about the extended health benefits of bone broth. Some experts say the stuff ain't no big deal and others claim it's the latest and greatest boon to health since the plate of mashed yeast Woody Allen ate in Annie Hall.

I'm not going to take a side in the debate but I do have an opinion.  I'm about to embark on a 2 week medically mandated liquid diet and I've been looking for liquid gold and I think I found it today.  No matter what side of the bone broth fence you sit on we can all agree on the basics from the label of an organic beef broth can. In one cup there 9 grams of protein and 35 mg of sodium and I'll bet the homemade variety has far less sodium.  Nothing else, no fat, no sugar, no carbs.



So what's the big deal to me?  There was none before the moment about half way through class when she doled out little paper cups to taste the broth. The moment was not unlike a bored Simon Cowell waving cell phone salesman Paul Cotts onto the stage to sing some opera. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then take a look:



That's how freaking good the bone broth was. That is all.

The teacher today: Sarah Rusnak Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment