Sunday, February 15, 2015

Like my main character in RESOLUTION TRUST my mother died while giving birth to me. I think that experience through it's many stages in my life was the driving force behind writing the book.  I know it's had an impact on my relationships with women, but the impact is not usually very clear.

I wonder a lot about what she was like.  Every description I get of her is inadequate to quench my thirst. Was she funny?  Yes?  Tell me how?  What did she dream about when she was young?  She got a degree in Chemistry not long after the depression - I wonder what she thought about doing with that knowledge.

Frank, the book's hero, was pretty obvious about how it effected his ability to trust women.  I'm jealous of him because he got an easy answer.  Mine's not so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment